We hope the given Computer science Engineering MCQ Questions with Answers will definitely yield fruitful results. Hope you got enough ideas on the MCQs on Computer science Engineering. If you have any queries related toComputer science Engineering MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop your questions below and will get back to you in no time.
Q1. Which of the following is a wrong example of network layer?
(A) Internet Protocol (IP) ARPANET
(B) X. 25 Packet Level Protocol (PLP) – ISO
(C) Source routing and Domain naming – Usenet
(D) X.25 level 2 – ISO
Answer: (D) X.25 level 2 – ISO
Q2. Sales persons and other employees of the company who spend much of their time away from their offices but keep in touch with their company’s microcomputers or main frame computers over telephone lines are called
(A) Field workers
(D) Company directors
Answer: (B) Telecommuters
Q3. Which of the following is an important characteristic of LAN?
(A) Application independent interfaces
(B) Unlimited expansion
(C) Low cost access for low bandwidth channels
(D) Parallel transmission
Answer: (A) Application independent interfaces
Q4. You have a network ID of 184.108.40.206 with 8 subnets. You need to allow the largest possible number of host IDs per subnet. Which subnet mask should you assign?
Answer: (B) 255.255.240.0
Q5. A protocol is a set of rules governing a time sequence of events that must take place
(A) Between peers
(B) Between modems
(C) Between an interface
(D) Across an interface
Answer: (A) Between peers
Q6. What is the name of the device that connects two computers by means of a telephone line?
Answer: (B) Modem
Q7. The main difference between TCP and UDP is
(A) UDP is connection oriented where as TCP is datagram service
(B) TCP is an Internet protocol where as UDP is an ATM protocol
(C) UDP is a datagram where as TCP is a connection oriented service
(D) All of the above
Answer: (C) UDP is a datagram where as TCP is a connection oriented service
Q8. What is the first octet range for a class A IP address?
(A) 1 – 126
(B) 192 – 255
(C) 192 – 223
(D) 1 – 127
Answer:(A) 1 – 126
Q9. The physical layer of a network
(A) Defines the electrical characteristics of signals passed between the computer and communication devices
(B) Controls error detection and correction
(C) Constructs packets of data and sends them across the network
(D) None of the above
Answer: (A) Defines the electrical characteristics of signals passed between the computer and communication devices
Q10. Now-a-days computers all over the world can talk to each other. Which is one of the special accessories essential for this purpose?
Answer: (B) Modem
Q11. You have a network ID of 192.168.10.0 and require at least 25 host IDs for each subnet, with the largest amount of subnets available. Which subnet mask should you assign?
Answer: (B) 255.255.255.224
Q12. You have a network ID of 220.127.116.11 and you need to divide it into multiple subnets in which at least 600 host IDs for each subnet are available. You desire to have the largest amount of subnets available. Which subnet mask should you assign?
Answer: (D) 255.255.255.0
Q13. Establishing a virtual connection is functionally equivalent to
(A) Connecting as virtual memory
(B) Physically connecting a DTE and DCE
(C) Placing a telephone call prior to a conversation
(D) Placing a modem prior to a conversation
Answer: (C) Placing a telephone call prior to a conversation
Q14. Which of the following is separated by a subnet mask?
(A) DHCP scopes
(B) Network ID and host ID
Answer:(B) Network ID and host ID
Q15. Which of the following conditions is used to transmit two packets over a medium at the same time?
Answer: (B) Collision
Networking MCQ – All Set
- Networking Exam Preparation Questions and Answers – Set 01
- What is Network and Internet Questions and Answers – Set 02
- Uses of Computer Network MCQ Test – Set 03
- Types of Computer Networks Objective Questions – Set 04
- Online Test Characteristics of Computer Network – Set 05
- Networking Computer Science Basic Questions – Set 06
- Networking Engineering Interview Questions – Set 07
- Computer Networking Quiz Questions & Answers – Set 08
- Networking Exam Preparation Online Test – Set 09
- Multiple Choice Test Networking – Set 10
- Networking Computer Science Questions and Answers – Set 11
- Computer Science Engineering Networking MCQ – Set 12
- Computer Networking Interview Guide – Set 13
- Computer Science Networking Jobs Questions – Set 14
- Computer Science Networking MCQs – Set 15
- Computer Science Networking Questions – Set 16
- Computer Science Networking Degree Questions – Set 17
- Computer Science Networking and Internet Architecture – Set 18
- Computer Science and Networking Questions & Answers – Set 19
- Computer Science Networking Basics MCQs – Set 20
- Computer Science Computer Networking Questions – Set 21
- Networking in Computer Science Engineering MCQs – Set 22
- Networking for Computer Science pdf – Set 23
- Networking Computer Science Skills Questions – Set 24
- Computer Science with Networking Test – Set 25
- Fields in Computer Science Networking Practice Test – Set 26
- Computer Science Networking Guide – Set 27
- Gate Computer Science Networking Test – Set 28
- Computer Networking Multiple Choice Questions Set – 29
We hope the given computer science Engineering on Networking MCQ Questions with Answers will definitely yield fruitful results. Hope you got enough ideas on the MCQs on Networking. If you have any queries related to computer science Engineering on Networking MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop your questions below and will get back to you as soon as possible.