Are you guys looking for Computer science Engineering MCQ Questions with Answers PDF Free Download as per Computer science Engineering new exam pattern? You came to the right page. This may assist you to understand and check your knowledge about the Subjects. Students also can take a free test of the Multiple Choice Questions of Computer science Engineering. Each question has four options followed by the right answer. These Computer science Engineering MCQ Questions are selected supported by the newest exam pattern.
Q1. The receive equalizer reduces delay distortions using a
(A) Tapped delay lines
(D) Difference engine
Answer: (A) Tapped delay lines
Q2. Which of the following statement is incorrect?
(A) The Addresses Resolution Protocol, ARP, allows a host to find the physical address of a target host on the same physical network, given only the target IP address.
(B) The sender’s IP – to- physical address binding is included in every ARP broadcast; receivers update the IP-to-Physical address binding information in their cache before processing an ARP packet.
(C) ARP is a low-level protocol that hides the underlying network physical addressing, permitting us to assign IP-addresses of our choice to every machine.
(D) All of the above
Answer: (D) All of the above
Q3. Computers cannot communicate with each other directly over telephone lines because they use digital pulses whereas telephone lines use analog sound frequencies. What is the name of the device which permits digital to analog conversion at the start of a long distance transmission?
(D) None of the above
Answer: (B) Modem
Q4. Devices interconnected by the LAN should include
(A) Computers and terminals
(B) Mass storage device, printers and plotters
(C) Bridges and gateways
(D) All of the above
Answer: (D) All of the above
Q5. A 8-Mbps token ring has a token holding timer value of 10 msec. What is the longest frame (assume header bits are negligible) that can be sent on this ring?
(A) 8000 B frame
(B) 80,000 B frame
(C) 8 × 105 bit frame
(D) 10,000 B frame
Answer: (D) 10,000 B frame
Q6. The main difference between synchronous and asynchronous transmission is
(A) The clocking is derived from the data in synchronous transmission
(B) The clocking is mixed with the data in asynchronous transmission
(C) The pulse height is different
(D) The bandwidth required is different
Answer:(A) The clocking is derived from the data in synchronous transmission
Q7. Alice is setting up a small network in her home so that she can study for her MCSE exams. She doesn’t have a lot of money to spend on hardware, so she wants to use a network topology that requires the least amount of hardware possible. Which topology should she select?
Answer: (D) Bus
Q8. The X.25 standard specifies a
(A) Technique for start-stop data
(B) Technique for dial access
(C) DTE/DCE interface
(D) Data bit rate
Answer: (C) DTE/DCE interface
Q9. A network which is used for sharing data, software and hardware among several users owning microcomputers is called
Answer: (C) LAN
Q10. A 4 KHz noise less channel with one sample ever 125 per sec is used to transmit digital signals. If Delta modulation is selected, then how many bits per second are actually sent?
(A) 32 kbps
(B) 8 kbps
(C) 128 kbps
(D) 64 kbps
Answer: (B) 8 kbps
Q11. In cyclic redundancy checking what is the CRC?
(A) The divisor
(B) The quotient
(C) The dividend
(D) The remainder
Answer: (D) The remainder
Q12. A 6-MHz channel is used by a digital signaling system utilizing 4-level signals. What is the maximum possible transmission rate?
(A) 1.5 Mbaud/sec
(B) 6 Mband/sec
(C) 12 Mbaud/sec
(D) 24 Mbaud/sec
Answer: (C) 12 Mbaud/sec
Q13. A 4 KHz noise less channel with one sample ever 125 per sec is used to transmit digital signals. Differential PCM with 4 bit relative signal value is used. Then how many bits per second are actually sent?
(A) 32 Kbps
(B) 64 Kbps
(C) 8 Kbps
(D) 128 Kbps
Answer: (A) 32 Kbps
Q14. Synchronous protocols
(A) Transmit characters one at a time
(B) Allow faster transmission than asynchronous protocols do
(C) Are generally used by personal computers
(D) Are more reliable
Answer:(B) Allow faster transmission than asynchronous protocols do
Q15. If odd parity is used for ASCII error detection, the number of 0s per eight-bit symbol is _.
Answer: (B) Odd
Networking MCQ – All Set
- Networking Exam Preparation Questions and Answers – Set 01
- What is Network and Internet Questions and Answers – Set 02
- Uses of Computer Network MCQ Test – Set 03
- Types of Computer Networks Objective Questions – Set 04
- Online Test Characteristics of Computer Network – Set 05
- Networking Computer Science Basic Questions – Set 06
- Networking Engineering Interview Questions – Set 07
- Computer Networking Quiz Questions & Answers – Set 08
- Networking Exam Preparation Online Test – Set 09
- Multiple Choice Test Networking – Set 10
- Networking Computer Science Questions and Answers – Set 11
- Computer Science Engineering Networking MCQ – Set 12
- Computer Networking Interview Guide – Set 13
- Computer Science Networking Jobs Questions – Set 14
- Computer Science Networking MCQs – Set 15
- Computer Science Networking Questions – Set 16
- Computer Science Networking Degree Questions – Set 17
- Computer Science Networking and Internet Architecture – Set 18
- Computer Science and Networking Questions & Answers – Set 19
- Computer Science Networking Basics MCQs – Set 20
- Computer Science Computer Networking Questions – Set 21
- Networking in Computer Science Engineering MCQs – Set 22
- Networking for Computer Science pdf – Set 23
- Networking Computer Science Skills Questions – Set 24
- Computer Science with Networking Test – Set 25
- Fields in Computer Science Networking Practice Test – Set 26
- Computer Science Networking Guide – Set 27
- Gate Computer Science Networking Test – Set 28
- Computer Networking Multiple Choice Questions Set – 29
We hope the given computer science Engineering on Networking MCQ Questions with Answers will definitely yield fruitful results. Hope you got enough ideas on the MCQs on Networking. If you have any queries related to computer science Engineering on Networking MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop your questions below and will get back to you as soon as possible.