AIIMS INICET 2021 Postponed: According to the most recent information, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has postponed the INI CET 2021 Entrance Exam due to the recent situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. The INI CET 2021 Entrance Exam was scheduled for the 8th of May, but it has now been rescheduled for a later date. The institute has sent an official notification on its website to confirm the news of the postponement of the INI CET 2021 Exam. The AIIMS competent authority has decided to postpone the conduct of the INI-CET entrance examination schedule in May 2021 due to the evolving situation relevant to the COVID-19 outbreak, according to the notification.
About INI CET
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Delhi conducts INI CET abbreviated as National Importance Combined Entrance Test. The exam is conducted for providing admission into the PG courses such as Masters of Surgery (MS), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Master of Dental Surgery (MDS), Doctorate of Medicine (DM), and Master of Chirurgie (MCh) offered by eight AIIMS including AIIMS Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur and Rishikesh, and NIMHANS Bengaluru, JIPMER Puducherry and PGI Chandigarh. The exam was conducted for the first time on November 20, 2020. With effect from 2021, all these institutes will admit PG students on the basis of the marks obtained in the INI CET 2021 exam only. Earlier these 11 institutes used to conduct separate exams for admission into PG courses. The examination is conducted twice a year in online mode, one for the January session and the other for the July session.
INI CET 2021 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||INI CET (Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test)|
|Conducting Body||All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi|
|Exam Level||Postgraduate Level|
|Exam Frequency||Bi-yearly (Conducted twice a year, ie January and July session)|
|Duration of Test||3 hours, 180 minutes|
|Question Type||Objective Questions|
|Courses Offered||MD/MS, DM/MCh, MDS|
|Number of Seats||897|
|Participating Institutes||AIIMS, PGIMER, JIPMER, NIMHANS|
|Similar Exams||AIIMS PG Entrance Test|
INI CET 2021 Dates
The schedule for INI CET 2021 examination is mentioned in the table below.
|INI CET 2021 Basic Registration||1st March 2021|
|Deadline for Registration and Editing||31st March 2021|
|INI CET 2021 Final Registration||24th March 2021|
|Deadline for Final Registration||12th April 2021|
|INI CET 2021 Admit Card Releases||15th July 2021|
|Status of Complete Application||12th April 2021|
|INI CET 2021 Examination (Revised Date)||22nd July 2021|
|Declaration of Result||TBA|
|Round 1 Counselling Result||TBA|
INI CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for INI CET 2021 July session, aspirants need to fulfill the eligibility criteria. It is important to fulfill INI CET eligibility conditions, else he/she will not be eligible for the exam. INI CET eligibility criteria for the July session is mentioned in the information brochure.
- Candidates should have an MBBS degree for MD/MS and BDS degree for MDS course from an institution recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI)/Dental Council of India (DCI)
- Aspirants must have completed one year of rotatory internship and must have completion certificate.
- Applicants from General category should have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate in MBBS, while, candidates from SC/ST category must obtain an aggregate of 50%
- Medicos should have obtained the registration certificate issued by the MCI/DCI or State Medical Council/State Dental Council (SMC/SDC).
How to Apply for INI CET 2021?
The application for INI CET 2021 is completed in multiple steps. The process may seem a bit complicated in the beginning but with the help of the simplified guide we have presented below will help candidates go through the process with ease.
The process is completed in three major steps: Basic Registration, Code Generation and Final Registration. Let’s discuss these steps in detail.
The process of basic registration
Step 1: Generation of Registration Id
- Go to aiimsexams.org
- Click on ‘Academic courses’
- Select ‘MD/ MS/ MCh (6years)/ DM (6years)/ MDS’
- Click on ‘Proceed’
- The applicant is redirected to the PAAR Basic registration page
- In new basic registration zone, select ‘Click here for new basic registration’
- Read the instructions carefully and click on ‘Proceed’
- Basic Registration form opens on the screen
- Fill in the details in the relevant boxes
- Check the details carefully as these cannot be changed past this stage
- Tick the checkbox after reading the declaration
- Click on ‘Generate registration ID and password’
- System generated registration ID is displayed on the screen
- Note down this INI CET registration ID
- Click ‘Ok’ to proceed to step 2
Applicants will also receive the registration ID and password on their registered mobile number and email ID. Therefore, they must provide correct details during the basic registration process.
Step 2: Uploading Images
- Applicant is redirected to PAAR Basic registration page
- Use the applicant login zone and enter the registration ID and password
- A pre-filled form appears on the screen
- Check the details and choose ‘Proceed’ to continue
- To edit the details choose ‘Edit’, make the desired corrections and select ‘Proceed’
- Upload the photograph and tick the checkboxes before clicking ‘I agree’
- Repeat the same process for signature and thumb impression
- Read the declaration carefully and click on ‘Submit’
- The registration form opens on the screen
- Save and print this page for future reference
Checking the Status of INI CET 2021 Basic Registration:
It is important for candidates to check the status of basic registration to ensure that the form has been accepted, and if not then they will be required to make the necessary changed. Here are the steps that they need to follow:
- Log into the website using the applicant login zone.
- Here, the status of the basic registration can be check as either ‘accepted’ or ‘rejected’.
- If the form has been accepted, candidates can proceed with the Code Generation process.
- If not, candidates will have to use the correction window to submit the form.
- There, the cause of rejection will be marked with a red colour.
- Now, they can modify the filed that require changes and submit the form.
What Can Cause the Rejection of INI CET 2021 Basic Registration?
Here are the reasons why the form may get rejected:
Problems With the Photograph
- Poor digital resolution
- Facial area is less than 50% of the total image
- Coloured background
- Shadow on the face
- Candidate wearing dark/tinted spectacles or sunglasses
- Too much glare on the spectacles
- Spectacle over the rim
- Lock of hair over eyes
- Candidate is not looking straight into the camera
- Cropped image
- Distorted face due to poor photographic skills
- Black and white photographs
- Improper lighting in the photograph
Problems With the Signature
- The sign is very small
- The sign is smudged with ink
- The sign is not clear
- The image is blurred
- The sign has been cropped
- The sign is uploaded along with the background
Problems With the Thum Impression
- Left Thumb Impression Left Thumb Impression uploaded is blurred.
- Partly obscured by too much ink.
- Partly cropped / not scanned completely
INI CET Registration – Code Generation
After candidates’ basic registration has been accepted, they can move to the final registration. But before that, they need to generate a code. The steps involved in the process are as follows:
- Log into the website using the registered ID and password.
- Click on the button ‘Generate Unique Code’.
- In the drop-down list, select the prospective programme.
- Verify the mentioned details and click on ‘Generate’.
- Now, a system-generated code will be displayed called Reigstration Unique Code (RUC). Make sure to note down the code.
- With this, the code generation process is completed.
- Login using the registration ID, RUC and password
- A pre-filled application form appears on the screen
- Click ‘Proceed to Step 4’
- Choose the medium of the examination
- Enter the academic details
- Click ‘Proceed to Step 5’
- Choose the desired mode of payment
- Pay INI CET application fee online
- Save and print the payment receipt
- Click on ‘Proceed to Step 6’
- Choose the preferred exam centre from the drop-down list
- Proceed to Step 7
- Save and print the INI CET 2021 application form
Image Specifications for INI CET Application 2021
|Specifications||1. Coloured photograph with a white background|
2. The photograph must not have a shadow in the background
3. Ensure that the photograph clearly shows the face, eyes and ears of the candidate
|1. With the help of a pencil, draw a box on a white paper and sign inside it with a thick tip ink pen (black/ blue).|
2. The sign must no contain initials only.
3. Must not be in capital letters only.
4. Should not have over-writing on it.
|1. With the help of a pencil, draw a box on a white paper and gently press your left thumb inside it with using a black/ blue ink pad.|
2. Take a picture of the impression horizontally.
|Dimensions of the hard copy||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||6 cm x 3 cm||4 cm x 3 cm|
|Rename file as||Photograph.(format)||Signature.(format)||Impression.(format)|
|Size||50 kb – 100 kb||20 kb – 100 kb||20 kb – 100 kb|
INI CET 2021 registration/application fee
|Category||Fee (in Rs)|
How to Select INI CET 2021 Exam Centre?
INI CET 2021 exam centre for July session can be selected during the INI CET 2021 application process. In the third step of form filling process which is the final registration, applicants will get an option to choose the INI CET 2021 July exam city. While choosing the exam city the applicant should keep in mind his/her convenience such as the location and then distance and the availability of transport from their place. The allotment of the INI CET 2021 test centre for July session will be done on the preferences filled on first-come-first-serve basis. No request for the change in exam centre will be entertained by the AIIMS, Delhi once the centre is allotted under any circumstances.
How to check INI CET Exam Centre 2021?
Applicants have to visit the official website of AIIMS, aiimsexams.org
Candidates have to login using registration ID, RUC, and password
INI CET 2021 admit card will be displayed on the screen
Review the name and address of the INI CET exam centre 2021 allotted, thoroughly
Check the reporting time for the exam
Download and take printouts of the INI CET 2021 admit card
INI CET Admit Card 2021
As the INI CET 2021 exam has been postponed, the new admit card of INI CET 2021 will be released on the official website and can be downloaded using login credentials. A INI CET admit card download link will be available on this page. Details mention on the INI CET admit card 2021 includes the candidate’s personal information, exam date and time, examination centre address. An admit card is an important document to appear for the INI CET entrance exam since a hard copy of the INI CET 2021 hall ticket is required by every candidate at the exam centre. Under no circumstances, any candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the INI CET 2021 admit card.
How to download INI CET 2021 admit card?
To download INI CET hall ticket 2021, candidates are advised to follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Visit the AIIMS official website, aiimsexams.ac,in
- Click on the INI CET 2021 admit card link
- Aspirants will have to log in using their ‘Applicant Login ID’, password, and captcha code
- The screen will display the admit card of INI CET for the aspirants
- Candidates are advised to verify all the details mentioned on INI CET admit card 2021 and take two-three print outs for future reference.
INI CET Exam Pattern 2021
AIIMS, New Delhi has released the INI CET 2021 paper pattern along with the information bulletin, which can be checked from below.
INI CET paper pattern
|Examination mode||Computer-Based Test (CBT) Mode|
|Exam duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Type of question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQs)|
Subjects to be covered in the INI CET 2021 Syllabus
- Community Medicine
- Community Medicine
- Clinical Postings
- Surgery & Allied Subjects
- Medicine and allied subjects
INI CET syllabus 2021: Topics to be covered in Pre-Clinical Subjects
INI CET syllabus for Anatomy
- Gross Anatomy
- Embryology & Genetics
INI CET syllabus for Biochemistry
- Biological Cell
- Hormones and PH
- Food Assimilation and Nutrition
- Molecular Biology
- Metabolic Pathways
- Environmental Biochemistry
- Physiological Buffer Systems
- Cancer and Cancer Makers
INI CET syllabus for Physiology
- Gastrointestinal System
- General Physiology
- Respiratory System
- Cardiovascular System
- Sensory System
- The Visceral and Motivational System
- Motor System
- Special Senses
- Sleep and Higher Nervous Functions
INI CET syllabus 2021: Topics to be covered in Para-Clinical Subjects
INI CET syllabus for Pathology
- Complement System
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Tumour Markers
- Glomerulonephritis Flow Cytometry
- Barrett Esophagus
- Pedigree Analysis
- Thyroid Carcinoma
INI CET syllabus for Pharmacology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
INI CET syllabus for Forensic Medicine
- Firearm Injuries
- Seminal Stains
- Types and Signs of Drowning
- IPC Sections
- Bites of various insects
- Different doctrine
- Autopsy methods of organ’s removal
- Rigor Mortis
- Cadaveric Spasm
- Blast Injuries
- Torture Methods
INI CET syllabus for Microbiology
- Immunodeficiency disorders
- Heterophile Antigen
- Lab diagnosis, species identification and relapse regarding Malaria
- Mycoplasma pneumonia
- Eggs in Parasitology
- Dimorphic fungi
- Viral Hepatitis Serology
- Life cycle
INI CET syllabus 2021: Topics to be covered in Clinical Subjects
INI CET syllabus for Obstetrics
- Postpartum Haemorrhage
- Antepartum Haemorrhage
- Uterine rupture
- Uterine inversion
- Biophysical profile
- Induction of labour
- Indications of caesarean section
- Hyperemesis gravidarum
INI CET syllabus for Pediatrics
- Acute respiratory insufficiency program
- Respiratory distress syndrome
- Developmental milestones
- Neonatal jaundice
- Neonatal sepsis
- Neonatal resuscitation
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Bronchial Asthma
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Vitamins and mineral deficiency
- Dengue fever
INI CET syllabus for Gynaecology
- Symptoms of ovulation
- Process to manage Fibroid uterus and prolapse of the uterus
- Details of Trichomonas, Candida, Gonococcus
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Emergency contraception
- Contraception and sterilization
- Supports of uterus
- Menstrual cycle
- Postmenopausal bleeding
INI CET syllabus for Clinical Postings
- Internal Medicine
- General Surgery
- Family Welfare Clinic
- Health Education Unit
- Elective Posting
INI CET syllabus for Community Medicine
- Man, and Medicine
- Concept on Health and Disease
- Environment and Health
- Medicine and Social Science
- Screening for Disease
- Hospital Waste Management
- Concept on Epidemiology
- Epidemiology on commutable and non-commutable disease
- Demography and family planning
- Nutrition and Health
- Types of preventive medicine for paediatrics obstetrics and geriatrics
- Genetics and Health
- Mental Health
INI CET syllabus for Surgery and Allied Subjects
INI CET syllabus for Medicine and Allied Subjects
INI CET Result 2021
AIIMS, New Delhi will release the result for INI CET 2021 for the July session, in PDF format. The result of INI CET 2021 will be made available in the form of a merit list mentioning roll number, category, All India Rank, category rank, percentile scores, and remarks. It is to be noted that the INI CET result 2021 will not be sent to candidates individually. Therefore, candidates will be required to download the INI CET result from the official website. Candidates who secure the minimum required percentile will be considered qualified for the INI CET 2021. Medical graduates who will qualify for the INI CET 2021 test will be called for counselling and admission process.
How to Check INI CET 2021 Result?
Candidates who are confused about how and where can they check their result for INI CET 2021 must have a look at the steps given below.
- First, click on the direct link provided above.
- This will redirect you to a new web page.
- Now, log into the website using your login credentials.
- With this, your computer screen will now display INI CET result.
- Check the result carefully.
- Once you are done, download the result and get a hard copy of it for future purpose.
INI CET Merit List 2021
The merit list of the INI CET 2021 July session will be released at aiimsexams.org. INI CET 2021 merit list mentions the list of candidates eligible for counselling process. INI CET merit list contains candidates eight times the total number of seats available in all Institute of National Importance. Previously, a total of 5911 MD/MS/DM/MCh candidates have been included in the INI CET 2021 merit list, while 113 MDS aspirants are called for counselling process.
INI CET 2021 Merit List: How to download?
- Candidates have to visit the official website of AIIMS Delhi, i.e. aiimsexams.org
- On the homepage, click on ‘academic courses’ and select the INI CET exam
- Click on the link ‘list of candidates provisionally eligible for online seat allotment for PG courses in INIs’
- The merit list appear in the PDF format
- Candidates have to search their roll number and category by pressing Ctrl+F keys
- Verify the details mentioned
INI CET contact details
Address – Examination Section, All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110608
Question: When registration for INI CET 2021 July session commenced?
Answer: The registration for INI CET 2021 July session has commenced on March 1, 2021.
Question: How can I take admission in MD/MS in AIIMS?
Answer: Candidates need to appear for INI CET 2021 which has replaced all PG entrance exam excluding NEET PG and NEET MDS.
Question: How the admission to PG courses in AIIMS, JIPMER, PGIMER and NIMHANS will be done?
Answer: The admission to around 815 MD/MS/DM/MCh/MDS seats in 8 AIIMS, JIPMER, PGI Chandigarh and NIMHANS Bengaluru is done through INI CET 2021 scores.
Question: When will INI CET 2021 July session be conducted?
Answer: INI CET July session will be held on July 22, 2021.