Are you guys looking for Computer science Engineering MCQ Questions with Answers PDF Free Download as per Computer science Engineering new exam pattern? You came to the right page. This may assist you to understand and check your knowledge about the Subjects. Students also can take a free test of the Multiple Choice Questions of Computer science Engineering. Each question has four options followed by the right answer. These Computer science Engineering MCQ Questions are selected supported by the newest exam pattern.
Q1. Which of the following TCP/IP protocol is used for transferring files from one machine to another?
Answer: (D) FTP
Q2. Eight stations are competing for the use of the shared channel using the modified Adaptive free walk protocol by Gallager. If the stations 7 and 8 are suddenly become ready at once, how many bit slots are needed to resolve the contention?
(A) 1 slots
(B) 5 slots
(C) 10 slots
(D) 14 slots
Answer: (B) 5 slots
Q3. Two computers that communicate with each other use a simple parity check to detect errors for ASCII transmissions. Which of the following events will always lead to an undeleted error?
(A) One bit or any odd number of bits inverted in a block of data during transmission
(B) Two bits or any even number of bits inverted in a block during transmission
(C) One bit or any odd number of bits inverted in a byte during transmission
(D) Two bits or any even number of bits inverted in a byte during transmission
Answer: (D) Two bits or any even number of bits inverted in a byte during transmission
Q4. How many OSI layers are covered in the X.25 standard?
Answer: (B) Three
Q5. Which command-line tool is included with every Microsoft TCP/IP client?
Answer: (C) PING
Q6. Which of the following TCP/IP protocol is used for transferring electronic mail messages from one machine to another?
Answer: (C) SMTP
Q7. Avalanche photodiode receivers can detect hits of transmitted data by receiving
(A) 100 photons
(B) 200 photons
(C) 300 photons
(D) 400 photons
Answer: (B) 200 photons
Q8. The synchronous modems are more costly than the asynchronous modems because
(A) They produce large volume of data
(B) They contain clock recovery circuits
(C) They transmit the data with stop and start bits
(D) They operate with a larger bandwidth
Answer: (B) They contain clock recovery circuits
Q9. The _ houses the switches in token ring.
(B) Nine-pin connector
Answer: (C) MAU
Q10. A distributed network configuration in which all data/information pass through a central computer is
(A) Bus network
(B) Star network
(C) Ring network
(D) Point-to-point network
Answer: (B) Star network
Q11. Ethernet and Token-Ring are the two most commonly used network architectures in the world. Jim has heard of the different topologies for networks and wants to choose the architecture that will provide him with the most options. Which of the following would that be? Choose the most correct answer.
(A) Token-Ring because it currently can run at both 4Mbps and 16Mbps. This means that it can be used in any topology
(B) Ethernet, because it is cabled using fiber-optic cable
(C) Token-Ring, because it uses a MAU
(D) Ethernet, because it can be set up with most topologies and can use multiple transfer speeds
Answer: (D) Ethernet, because it can be set up with most topologies and can use multiple transfer speeds
Q12. On a class C network with a subnet mask of 192, how many subnets are available?
Answer: (D) 2
Q13. Which of the following device copies electrical signals from one Ethernet to another?
(D) Passive hub
Q14. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
(A) Multiplexers are designed to accept data from several I/O devices and transmit a unified stream of data on one communication line
(B) HDLC is a standard synchronous communication protocol
(C) RTS/CTS is the way the DTE indicates that it is ready to transmit data and the way the DCE indicates that it is ready to accept data
(D) RTS/CTS is the way the terminal indicates ringing
Answer: (D) RTS/CTS is the way the terminal indicates ringing
Q15. Which application allows a user to access and change remote files without actual transfer?
Answer: (B) NFS
Networking MCQ – All Set
- Networking Exam Preparation Questions and Answers – Set 01
- What is Network and Internet Questions and Answers – Set 02
- Uses of Computer Network MCQ Test – Set 03
- Types of Computer Networks Objective Questions – Set 04
- Online Test Characteristics of Computer Network – Set 05
- Networking Computer Science Basic Questions – Set 06
- Networking Engineering Interview Questions – Set 07
- Computer Networking Quiz Questions & Answers – Set 08
- Networking Exam Preparation Online Test – Set 09
- Multiple Choice Test Networking – Set 10
- Networking Computer Science Questions and Answers – Set 11
- Computer Science Engineering Networking MCQ – Set 12
- Computer Networking Interview Guide – Set 13
- Computer Science Networking Jobs Questions – Set 14
- Computer Science Networking MCQs – Set 15
- Computer Science Networking Questions – Set 16
- Computer Science Networking Degree Questions – Set 17
- Computer Science Networking and Internet Architecture – Set 18
- Computer Science and Networking Questions & Answers – Set 19
- Computer Science Networking Basics MCQs – Set 20
- Computer Science Computer Networking Questions – Set 21
- Networking in Computer Science Engineering MCQs – Set 22
- Networking for Computer Science pdf – Set 23
- Networking Computer Science Skills Questions – Set 24
- Computer Science with Networking Test – Set 25
- Fields in Computer Science Networking Practice Test – Set 26
- Computer Science Networking Guide – Set 27
- Gate Computer Science Networking Test – Set 28
- Computer Networking Multiple Choice Questions Set – 29
We hope the given computer science Engineering on Networking MCQ Questions with Answers will definitely yield fruitful results. Hope you got enough ideas on the MCQs on Networking. If you have any queries related to computer science Engineering on Networking MCQs Multiple Choice Questions with Answers, drop your questions below and will get back to you as soon as possible.